Monday, February 4, 2013

Superbowl Sunday 2013

Last night was the Superbowl. Throughout most of the event I forgot it was happening. We did The M cluster show while it was on. And while it was mentioned during the setup, it was almost like it didn't matter. I could tell Jose wanted to say something about it so the fact that we're live is apparent, but I think since over 80 percent of our views are from the archives, I don't think there is much of a detraction there. After the show, I was doing after the show type stuff before going to hang out with friends. While there, once again the fact that the biggest single sporting event of the year was happening seemed to not be true. Eddie Izzard, Dress to Kill was playing on the TV while a few of us were just chatting and BSing. Eventually we played some games and so on. It wasn't until after I got home quite late that I realized that I had no idea what happened. I don't particularly care about the game, but knowing who won is one of those things that keeps the ostracization  from getting too extreme.

It's interesting to realize when you're not as close of a friend as you think you are. It's also interesting to learn what sort of things bring unexpected feelings. That's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment