Monday, December 26, 2011

I don't believe.

So I've never believed in God. It didn't make any sense to me. But lots and lots of people I knew did. And they all wanted me to believe. For a long time, I was of the mind "maybe, but I'm just missing it." I've moved past that into "God doesn't exist."

Intolerant Atheists are a different breed from intolerant theists. I accept that other people believe in God, even though I think the reasoning makes no sense at all. I don't try to change them. I don't call them stupid. While I essentially agree when atheists say it's believing in a fairly tale and mass delusion, I don't think that style of confrontation is beneficial to anybody.

Now some people think that being religious actually causes harm, so they have a more justifiable reason for wanting people to actively denounce their beliefs. I know that I found it incredibly annoying when I was being pressured to get saved and accept Christ as my savior and all that. I don't want to be that guy that is behaving the exact same way.

I wish I could see what the world would look like if religion didn't (and possible never did) exist. Not some idealist movie maker thing. But I wish there was I way I could see the reality of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment